Time to bring in the new year with a new resolution. Quite honestly, I don’t recall what last year’s resolution was. This year, however, will be recorded here so I can look back in a year to see if I made it happen.
This year’s resolution has everything to do with my writing, getting more organized, consistent, and serious about making this my career.
- I will finish Raven’s Mark by the end of January. By early spring I will have it revised. I will research agents and publishers so by the summer I can send out query letters.
- At least three times a week I will write in my blog. I could be about anything I choose, but at least one week will pertain to writing. Be it my own work, works I have read, thoughts on style, or the business side of it,there will be no less than one a week.
- At least twice a week I will devote to my own works of fiction.
- Overall, “No day goes by without 500 words.” Brent Ghelfi told me that this year, and I plan to keep with it.
- I will get published (or accepted to get published) this year. It could be a short story or my novel. I’m not going to get nit-picky over it.
There you have it. My list for this year. Come next December I’ll revisit this blog to see how well I did.
Before I go, let me give you a quick novel update. I finished chapter eighteen last night. That brings the word count up to…
((drum roll please))
I feel another three chapters in me until the book will be done. Very obtainable as far as my resolutions go.