Or more commonly known as…
You might not be aware of this, but every year I start the countdown from one hundred on New Year’s. Usually I’m gracious enough to keep it to myself. Well, unless you live with me, in which case you get a near daily reminder.
Sure, leap year throws a wrench in the countdown once every four years, but I can see past it. So should you.
Now as of this posting, there are only sixty-nine days left until that glorious day. Still plenty of time to think of the perfect way to celebrate it. To help you, I’ve comprised a list of things that would make me happy on my oh so special day.
Sky writing – You can never go wrong with a message of adoration, traced from a plane.
- Singing telegrams – Though outdated and oft-times tacky, this is a great way to break up the day.
- Cake – I can have it, and eat it, too.
- Donations towards my Electronics Fund – We live in a first world country. To deprive ourselves of the latest gadgetry is downright unAmerican.
- Greetings from celebrities – Only thing better than a call from Katie Perry or Ryan Gosling? A face-to-face birthday greeting.
- Character appearance in a well-known author’s book – I’m sure authors like J. K. Rowling, Stephen King, Jim Butcher, and Neil Gaiman would jump at the chance to add me into one of their works.
- Parades – Fun for the whole family while celebrating me!
Now, if none of these suggestions live up to the awesomeness you want to bestow, please feel free to deviate to your own creative mind. And remember, it’s the thought that counts.
But the coolest gets to sit next to me.